Here is a quick list of 10 ways you can speed up your computer in no time.
We just finished completing an 11 video course on how to speed up computers. To watch the videos for free just enter your name and email address below.
1. If possible, add more memory to your computer. This will make the easiest and most drastic change to your computer speed. Memory is cheap these days and you can add 1gig of memory to your computer for less than $50 these days which will have a drastic increase in your computer speed the very next time you boot up. You can test your pc for which memory upgrades it can use and get them all at Crucial.
2. At least monthly run a defragment on your hard drive. Also run PC Cleaner or disc cleanup.
3. Set your paging files to 1 and 1/2 times the amount of RAM (memory) you have installed on your pc. If you have 2 gig or more of memory installed just turn off you paging file altogether. To check these settings right click your my computer icon and click properties. Then click the advanced tab, select performance settings and then the advanced tab to modify the virtual memory size.
4. Cleanup and delete temporary internet files and cookies. This can easily be done every few days by running our free PC Cleaner.
5. Make sure you don't have any spyware on your computer. You can check with Spyware Doctor or another good tool to use is MalwareBytes.
6. Delete any programs you don't use from your computer via the control panel/add remove utility.
7. Turn off any services that are unnecessary in the services manager which is located at your control panel/administrative tools/services. There are some great videos available showing how to do this in the Ultimate PC Secrets product.
8. Cleanup your startup file by going to start/run and type msconfig and then click on the start up tab. Stopping a program from running on startup does not remove it. This will just stop the program from starting up automatically each time the computer reboots. The less programs loading on startup the better, excluding windows services obviously.
9. Update your drivers. You can check your OEM provider of your computers website to search for updated drivers for your hardware. You can also use a driver update tool to automate this process, we recommend PC Updater.
10. Delete unused and uneccessary icons from your desktop. If you have tons of things on your desktop you are slowing down your pc. Store things in your My Documents folder and keep your desktop nice and clean.
Feel free to add your comments below, we love to engage with our users. Here is a good Cyberdefender review from PC 911, we have had many complaints about Cyberdefender recently and thought we would share this review with everyone.
If you need to download PC Cleaner just goto the PC Cleaner homepage.
Please contact us below
help @ pccleaner.com
Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7